III Scientific Conference of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute
Last Friday in the Sant Pau Hospital of Barcelona we celebrate the III Scientific Conference of the Institute for Leukaemia Research Josep Carreras. Researchers and clinicians of the three campus (Campus Clínic-UB Campus ICO-Germans Trias i i Pujol Campus Sant Pau) participated in this journey.
In this day of collaboration and sharing over 70 scientists participated. We are very happy with the results.Together, we will continue UNSTOPPABLE investigating against leukaemia and other haematological malignancies!
The projects presented were:
- "Cytomics: A Translational Approach". Jordi Petriz (Campus ICO-GTIP).
- “The study of chromatin regulation as nexus between basic and translational research“. Marcus Buschbeck (Campus ICO-GTIP).
- "Quality of Life in patients transplanted with hematopoietic progenitors". Anna Barata (Campus Sant Pau).
- "Modeling coenzyme Q10 deficiency using iPSC". Damià Romero (Campus Clinic).
- "New diagnostic platform in AML". Josep F. Nomdedeu (Campus Sant Pau).
- "The Complete Mutome and Clonal Architecture of del(5q)". Vera Ademà (Campus ICO-GTIP).
- "Development of nanoconjugates for cell-targeted therapy in hematological malignancies". Isolda Casanova/Victor Pallarés (Campus Sant Pau).
- "Activated KRASG12V cooperates with MLL-AF4 to promote extramedullary engraftment and migration of cord blood CD34+ HSPCs but is not sufficient to initiate leukemia". Cristina Prieto (Campus Clinic)
- "Discovering cell-cell communication between natural killer cells and multiple myeloma cells to unravel both the beneficial and adverse effects of this phenomenon". Beatriz Martin (Álvaro Urbano's Lab. Campus Clinic)
- "Prognostic impact of gene rearrangements and of miRNAs expression in HIV-related lymphomas”. Maria Joao Baptista (Campus ICO-GTIP)
- "The role of FcGRIIB in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia: implications for clonal control and expansion". Rosa Bosch (Campus Sant Pau)
- "Evidence of defibrotide internalization and its endothelial protective effect in hepatic endothelial in vitro model". Marta Palomo (Campus Clinic)