So far this year, the number of bone marrow donors inscribed in REDMO is twice the number of last year, during the same period. Up until now, REDMO has 6,798 bone marrow donors registered, against 3,015 inscribed until July 2011.
COOPERATION AGREEMENT BETWEEN NH HOTELS, JOSÉ CARRERAS FOUNDATION AGAINST LEUKAEMIA AND SANT JOAN DE DÉU HOSPITAL IN BARCELONA
Our Foundation has lived a historic moment: we have layed the foundation stone of the new building of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute at the ICO/Germans Trias i Pujol Campus in Badalona.
This centre, which we created in 2010, aims to progress in quality biomedical research against leukaemia and other haematological malignancies. It’s the only centre in our country and one of the few in the world solely focused on these illnesses.
These three girls are called María Carballo, María Dorado and María Angulo. They are friends since they met at the Niño Jesús Hospital in Madrid, where they received treatment. They suffered acute leukaemia.
They are part of the 152 patients and ex-patients of leukaemia and other haematological illnesses who went out into the street on Saturday June 23rd 2012 to give a hopeful message to society: VALUE LIFE!
06/18/2012They will all go out at the same time, on the morning of June 23rd to give a hopeful message in the fight against this illness.
'You don't know how tough you are until life puts you to test. Now that times are hard, value what you have. Smile and enjoy life, it is wonderful. VALUE LIFE!'
This is the message that the José Carreras Foundation against Leukaemia wants to communicate to the whole society in the name of all patients, to mark the occasion of the Week against Leukaemia 2012 (21st-28th of June).
05/17/201225 Spanish NGOs have joined to thank those 3 million Spaniards who support them regularly with their donations
- Elsa Punset confirms the relationship between solidarity and happiness given in human beings.
- Only 18% of the Spanish population collaborate with one or several NGOs, a number three times lower than the levels achieved in the United Kingdom or France. Of these, only 8% do so regularly.
- Ana Duato, Ana Pastor, Antonio Carmona and Jon Sistiaga invite everyone to celebrate the Day SOMOS (which means WE ARE in English) (June 8th).
04/23/2012Aspiring Catalan Police Forces (Mossos d’Esquadra) and Local Police: Solidarity to the core
● The Catalan Public Security Institute and the Catalan Police Forces (Mossos d'Esquadra) join a José Carreras Foundation campaign that promotes bone marrow donation.
● More bone marrow donors equals more opportunities of recovery: we fight so that all patients can be candidates for a transplant, so that, although they don't have a compatible donor in their family, they can go through with the procedure thanks to the solidarity of an anonymous donor.