Joining the José Carreras Foundation against Leukaemia is a partnership of shared value, a commitment to solidarity and life, guided by scientific accuracy, patient care, credibility and transparency.
The tenor José Carreras created the Foundation that bears his name in 1988 with the objective of investing all resources at his disposal to achieve a definitive cure for leukaemia.
- Path. We guarantee 25 years of experience and international trajectory with independent offices in Spain, United States, Germany and Switzerland, chaired by José Carreras and coordinated by an International Scientific Committee, presided by the renowned Professor Ciril Rozman Borstnar. Learn more.
- Science and future. We base our efforts in funding scientific research projects in order to improve the future of leukaemia patients and achieve their cure. Learn more.
- Social commitment. The commitment to patients is one of our main efforts. Offering aid to hospitals, free medical consultation and a network of foster homes to improve quality of life of patients and their families. Learn more.
- Independence and transparency. We are financed 100% privately, thanks to the contributions of our partners and donors (individuals and companies), to inheritances and legacies, to the provision of REDMO's services, to financial income and, especially, thanks to charity concerts and recitals of our President, the tenor Josep Carreras. Request more information or income results.
The solidarity of companies offers tax advantages, in order to encourage collaboration in social projects.
The José Carreras Foundation is a non-profit organization that recourses to the Law 49/2002 of December 23rd, which regulates "taxation of non-profit entities and tax incentives for patronage." As a company, you can make your contribution and get tax benefits under one of three ways:
- Article 17. When the company makes a donation (irrevocable, pure and simple donations and contributions, which are not communicated), the company enjoys a 35% deduction in the corporation tax, with a 10% limit over the tax base. From the third consecutive year of collaboration with amounting shall be entitled to an additional deduction in income tax of 40% from 2016, while in 2015 this percentage is set at 37.5% .
- Article 25. When a company signs a business Collaboration Agreement for general activities, the amount donated, with no quantity limits, is considered a deductible expense from the tax base of the corporation tax with no quantity limits. This activity is not subject to VAT and allows the communication of the agreement.
- Article 6. Advertising sponsorship contracts. The law 48/2002 considers that the financial assistance made to a non-profit entity under these contracts (as defined in Article 24 of the General Law 34/1998 of Advertising) will be considered a deductible expense, with no quantity limits, from the tax base of corporation tax. It is an activity subject to VAT, fully deductible by the company except under special circumstances.
For more information, contact Sira Franquero, head of Corporate Alliances, who will attend you personally: 93 414 55 66 / firstname.lastname@example.org