Webpage updated 11/09/2022 10:23:26
Companies giving their support can benefit from tax incentives designed to encourage support for social projects.
The Josep Carreras Foundation is a not-for-profit entity under the fiscal regime of Law 49/2002, of 23 December, on not-for-profit entities and fiscal incentives for patronage.
- Article 17, 18 and 19 of Law 49/2002. When companies make a Donation (understood as straight donations and irrevocable contributions, which are not communicated by the company) they can benefit from deductions of up to 35% of corporation tax payable, with a limit of 10% of the tax base. Non-deducted amounts corresponding to the tax period may be applied in tax liquidations for tax periods during the immediately following and successive ten years.
- Straight donations: 35 %
- Straight donations to the same organisation for at least three years: 40 %
- Tax base deduction limit: 10%
- Article 25 Law 49/2002. When a company signs a collaboration agreement on activities of mutual interest, the amount donated is considered to be tax deductible from the corporation tax base payable, regardless of the amount. Non-deducted amounts corresponding to the tax period may be applied in tax liquidations for following tax periods. The activity is not subject to VAT and permits communication of the agreement in accordance with the terms of the accord.
- Article 6. Advertising sponsorship contracts. Financial assistance given to a not-for-profit entity as a result of such contracts (as defined in article 24 of Law 34/1998, on General Advertising), shall be considered as expenses deductible from the corporation tax base payable, regardless of the amount. The activity, considered to be the provision of services, is subject to VAT and is entirely deductible by the company except in special cases.